At Frederick Holmes we are constantly looking at ways to improve the education and life chances of the pupils in our care. The purpose of the School Improvement Plan, (SIP), is to review and evaluate the impact of the previous year’s developments, identify key areas for school improvement and outline actions to be taken . The SIP runs in with the academic year from September 2016 – July 2017. Throughout the year updates about our progress are discussed in Governors meetings and shared with parents through newsletters.
The priorities of the School Improvement Plan are organised under the OFSTED headings: The main priorities for the year 2016-17 are:
1.The Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- To continue to develop Health and Safety protocols
- To develop effective communication systems for all stakeholders
- To promote partnership working through system leadership
- To develop an understanding of culture and British values through Artsmark accreditation and the City of Culture Programme
2.Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- To raise standards of teaching learning and assessment through the introduction of a coaching culture
- To research and trial developments for pupils with PMLD
- To ensure higher attaining pupils are appropriately challenged.
3.Personal development behaviour and welfare
- To equip pupils to be thoughtful caring and active citizens in school and in the wider society
4.Outcomes for Pupils
- To encourage a healthy lifestyle by maximising opportunities for physical development
- To raise levels of attainment in science and writing
Use this link to download the School Improvement Plan, which contains more detail in terms of actions to be taken, resource requirements and success criteria.